Sunday, March 31, 2013

For the Restless Soul

Today is Easter Sunday.  I can clearly hear birds chirping outside, and a couple of hours ago there was a torrential downpour that lasted all of ten minutes.  My clock currently reads 7:15pm, but a glance out my window tells me that it is still bright outside.  You know what all of this means?  Spring is finally here.

Spring is my favorite season.  Everything is so new- the blooming flowers, the green leaves, the songs that the baby birds learn to sing. 
Everything is changing.

No matter how much I love spring, I always feel a little sad at the beginning of a new season.  As the weather changes and everything in nature responds accordingly, the passing of time is undeniable. As much as I wish I could find a pause button sometimes, there is no way to stop the world from turning.  With every new breath I take, I am a little bit older.  What am I doing with my life?

Right now, I am in a period of waiting.  Patience.  I know that I am moving to a new school, but that's months away.  I know that I am called to be a worship leader, but I need to learn a lot more about music before I can lead a band.  I yearn to get married and start a family of my own.  I want desperately to be a better musician.  The list goes on.  There are so many things that I want to do with my life that I have to patiently work towards and wait for.  Honestly, it's frustrating.  God has placed all of these desires in my heart so that I will diligently pursue them, but when I am not able to act on these callings yet, I feel like I am not doing what God has purposed for me to do.  It's very unsettling, and I'm restless.

"Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart."
- Psalm 37:4 (ESV)


Sometimes, it's that simple.  The desire that I have for those things that I listed before is burning in my heart with a passion that is almost painful.  I know that God will provide opportunities for me to have them in His perfect timing.  Right now, while I wait, all I have to do is delight myself in Him.  It's that simple. 

He will guide me.  He will care for me.  He loves me.  
What's not to delight in? 

Inhale, exhale.  Seek the peace of God.  Delight yourself in the Lord. 
"Life is worth the living just because He lives."

No comments:

Post a Comment